On Demand: Otitis Treatment Frustrations and Potential Solutions
1 hour CE │ Self-paced
In this on-demand video course, we’ll hear insights gained from two recent studies investigating an ever-present problem: otitis externa.
In this one-hour video course, hear insights gained from two recent studies investigating an ever-present problem: otitis externa. Ear infections are diagnosed more often than nearly any other small animal veterinary disease, yet treatment remains a challenge. In this informative lesson, we’ll learn the key concerns reported by both clients and the veterinary team, hear which treatment solutions achieved the highest client satisfaction and compliance, and which were best at preventing recurrence.
If you have patients suffering from recurrent infections or clients struggling to medicate their pets’ ears, this video course is for you!
Register today and find renewed optimism for solving a common problem.
- Hear the results of two recent studies, investigating concerns, compliance, and success rates for various therapeutic options
- Learn which treatment modalities led to the greatest client satisfaction and compliance
- Learn which factors are most important in successfully managing otitis and preventing recurrence
Upon viewing this recording and passing each quiz with a score of 70% or better, you’ll earn 1 hour of RACE Approved CE.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
- Earn 1 hour RACE Approved CE
- Learn at your own pace! Registration includes unlimited access to course videos for 12 months
- Instant access to course videos and notes immediately following registration
- Instant delivery of your CE Certificate, upon successful completion of the entire course and passing quiz score (70% or better)
- Plus, after course completion, access your CE Certificate anytime from your Account Dashboard! Never lose a CE Certificate again.
*This course is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 1 CE Credits, with a maximum of 1 CE Credits being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician.
These RACE approvals are for the subject matter categories of: medical program, using the delivery method of anytime/on-demand. These approvals are valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE course numbers: 0000000
Meet the Speaker: Cristiano von Simson, DVM, MBA
Director of Veterinary Services, Virbac
A São Paulo, Brazil native, Cristiano received his doctorate in veterinary medicine from the University of São Paulo, and his MBA from Fundação Getulio Vargas, also in São Paulo. He has over 30 years of experience in animal health, starting his career by building a successful equine practice in Brazil, and then had several roles with increasing responsibilities in Marketing and Professional Services at Rhone-Merieux, Merial, Bayer and now Virbac.
Cristiano has several published papers and often lectures at veterinary conferences. He is a board member, and past vice-president of the American Heartworm Society.
He has worked with Dermatology products for more than 20 years, in marketing and research projects.
Meet the Sponsor:
Virbac (an acronym of virology and bacteriology) is a French company dedicated exclusively to animal health from the inception. It was founded over 50 years ago, in 1968, by a French veterinarian Pierre-Richard Dick. He wanted the company to have a strong focus on vaccines and medicines for companion animals, differentiating the fledgling company from large pharmaceutical companies that specialized in livestock back in those days. Now, for over 50 years, we have been shaping the future of animal health through the wide range of our innovative solutions provided to veterinarians, farmers and pet owners.