On Demand: Pulmonary Hypertension in the Canine Patient
1 hour CE │ Self-paced
In this on-demand video course, we will review the definition, pathophysiology, clinical signs, and diagnostic testing for pulmonary hypertension.
In this on-demand video course, we will review the definition, pathophysiology, clinical signs, and diagnostic testing for pulmonary hypertension. We will also study classification of pulmonary hypertension, based on ACVIM Consensus Statement, and learn how to medically manage the condition. Pulmonary hypertension is a primary cause of coughing and exercise intolerance in patients with heartworm disease, and can present in patients with right sided heart disease of any kind. Take care not to overlook this underdiagnosed condition!
- Definition of pulmonary hypertension
- Pathophysiology of pulmonary hypertension
- Classification of pulmonary hypertension
- Clinical assessment and presentation of patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Diagnosis and medical management of pulmonary hypertension
Upon viewing this recording and passing the quiz with a score of 70% or better, you’ll earn 1 hour of RACE Approved CE.
Thank you to CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets for sponsoring the registration costs of this course!
Estimated time to complete: 50 minutes
- Earn 1 hour RACE Approved CE
- Learn at your own pace! Registration includes unlimited access to course videos for 12 months
- Instant access to course videos and notes immediately following registration
- Instant delivery of your CE Certificate, upon successful completion of the entire course and passing quiz score (70% or better)
- Plus, after course completion, access your CE Certificate anytime from your Account Dashboard! Never lose a CE Certificate again.
*This course is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 1 CE Credit, with a maximum of 1 CE Credit being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician.
These RACE approvals are for the subject matter categories of: medical program, using the delivery method of anytime/on-demand. These approvals are valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE course numbers: 20-932632
Meet the Speaker: Sara Beth Bordelon, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology)
Dr. Sara Beth Bordelon obtained her DVM degree from Louisiana State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2005. She completed a one-year rotating internship in Los Angeles, CA prior to beginning her Cardiology residency. She completed her Cardiology residency at Washington State University and became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology) in July 2009. Dr. Bordelon joined CVCA in 2015 and spent three years in our Fairfax, VA location.
Dr. Bordelon enjoys all aspects of cardiovascular disease but has a special interest in feline cardiac disease, management of arrhythmias, diagnosis and management of congenital cardiac disease, and management of pulmonary arterial hypertension. In her free time, she enjoys reading, running, yoga, and spending time with her husband and two little boys. She looks forward to being close to family in the Austin area. Dr. Bordelon primarily sees patients inside of Austin Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center in Austin, TX.
Meet the Sponsor:
Lone Star Veterinary Academy is proud to partner with CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets! Thanks to their generous support, we are able to offer this veterinary CE at no cost to you.
CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets is the largest board-certified veterinary cardiology practice and treats more patients with heart disease than any other practice worldwide since 1987. Our ACVIM credentials reflect 3-5+ years of cardiac-specific training. Clients receive an immediate and accurate diagnosis with a comprehensive treatment plan. We collaborate and promote follow up visits with primary care veterinarians on the care of the patient. And, over 99% of our clients would recommend us to a friend or family member.
Our board-certified veterinary cardiologists in the Austin area include:
- Katie Meier, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology)
- Sara Beth Bordelon, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology)
- Julie Andrie, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology)
Visit our website at www.cvcavets.com to learn more about us!