On Demand: Systemic Fungal Diseases in Dogs and Cats
1 hour CE │ Self-paced
In this on-demand video course, we’ll review systemic fungal diseases, which cause significant morbidity and mortality throughout the US annually.
In this on-demand video course, we’ll review systemic fungal diseases, which cause significant morbidity and mortality throughout the US annually. We will learn about the more common organisms causing systemic disease (Histoplasma capsulatum, Blastomyces dermatitidis, and Coccidioides sp.) including their biology, clinical disease manifestations, diagnosis, differentials, and treatment as well as promising work towards development of a preventive vaccine.
- H. capsulatum, Coccidioides spp., and B. dermatitidis biology and epidemiology
- Clinical manifestations
- Diagnosis – compare the pros and cons of various testing methods
- Which antifungals are most effective?
- When to taper or discontinue treatment
- Outcomes and complications
- Future of prevention through vaccination
Upon viewing this recording and passing the quiz with a score of 70% or better, you’ll earn 1 hour of RACE Approved CE.
Estimated time to complete: 50 minutes
- Earn 1 hour RACE Approved CE
- Learn at your own pace! Registration includes unlimited access to course videos for 12 months
- Instant access to course videos and notes immediately following registration
- Instant delivery of your CE Certificate, upon successful completion of the entire course and passing quiz score (70% or better)
- Plus, after course completion, access your CE Certificate anytime from your Account Dashboard! Never lose a CE Certificate again.
*This course is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 1 CE Credit, with a maximum of 1 CE Credit being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician.
These RACE approvals are for the subject matter categories of: medical program, using the delivery method of anytime/on-demand. These approvals are valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE course numbers: 20-932634
Meet the Speaker: David Bruyette, DVM, DACVIM
Dr. David Bruyette received his DVM from the University of Missouri and completed an internship at Purdue University and residency in internal medicine at the University of California-Davis. He was a staff internist at the West Los Angeles Veterinary Medical Group and a member of the Department of Comparative Medicine at Stanford University. Dr. Bruyette was an Assistant Professor, Head of Internal Medicine, and Director of the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at Kansas State University. He was Medical Director of the VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital, one of the largest 24-hour emergency/specialty practices in the country, from 1996 – 2017. Dr. Bruyette is a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and a member of the Endocrine Society.
Currently, he is the Chief Medical Officer for Anivive Lifesciences. Anivive is engaged in drug discovery to find new pharmaceuticals for use in dogs and cats.
Meet the Sponsor:
Lone Star Veterinary Academy is proud to partner with Anivive Lifesciences! Thanks to their generous support, we are able to offer this veterinary CE at no cost to you.
Anivive Lifesciences, Inc is a next generation animal health company. We combine artificial intelligence software, biotech, and veterinary medicine to serve the unmet medical needs of pets with a diverse pipeline of innovative products to treat cancers, infectious diseases, and endocrine conditions. Using proprietary software and predictive analytics, Anivive is accelerating the discovery, development, and commercialization of new, affordable treatments for pets.