Honoring Ourselves While We Honor the Veterinary Oath
All Veterinary Team Members Welcome
Veterinary Roles Redefined
We each come into this profession following and honoring the veterinary oath in our unique way. Along the way, we often lose ourselves in the challenges and struggles of veterinary medicine. Far too many in the veterinary industry find themselves in a state of compassion fatigue, depressed, struggling.
The goal of this weekend is to provide a space that allows each individual to find his or her unique path to sustainability, while they honor the veterinary oath. We will learn how to tame our inner critic, how to practice mindfulness, how to define and stick to what we value, how to find resilience in creativity, and how to set boundaries. Attendees will come away with renewed understanding and commitment to themselves and to the veterinary profession.
- Recognize that we are all normal and not alone in this struggle to find career contentment.
- Review and understand the current struggles that face veterinary professionals in living a sustainable career within vet med
- Learn about the practice of Mindfulness, with simple activities that can be incorporated into your workday!
- Learn how to tame your Inner Critic
- Learn how to create boundaries and stick to them
- Learn the Four Principles to achieve sustainability in your career.
- Ten hours CE*
- One additional hour CE if lunch and learn session offered/attended
- Welcome packet
- Made-to-order Breakfast Saturday/Sunday, chef-prepared lunch Saturday, refreshments, and snacks
- Digital proceedings are provided via USB
*This program has been submitted but is not yet approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 10 CE Credits, with a maximum of 10 CE Credits being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician.
- Visit sunny vacation destination, San Antonio, TX! San Antonio is home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Riverwalk, popular restaurants, parks, and shopping. Known for our food, San Antonio also proudly carries the title, UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy!
- Venue: Embassy Suites Brooks Hotel and Spa
- 7610 S. New Braunfels Ave, San Antonio, TX 78235
- Click here to reserve your room for October!
- Early Bird Rate: $129/night (limit 20 rooms!)
- Early Bird Deadline: August 16, 2020
- Regular Group Rate: $139/night
*The room block will close September 16, 2020, or once the block is full, whichever is first. Please reserve early to receive the best rate!
Register to See Why Our Attendees Love LSVA!
Top notch, fantastic. I was really dreading this because I dislike CE environments but really enjoyed.
I learned SO much about myself and feel empowered to make real changes in my life.
I felt it was very well organized and I felt taken care of. Julie was an excellent speaker and I enjoyed the content very much.
I couldn’t imagine the program running any smoother.
More dates! More events! Love these & I will be back! THANK YOU!
Excellent conference!!! Much more intimate than the large conferences.
I love that we wrote and expressed rather than just taking in material. This was interactive for real.
It was such a well thought out conference. Well done.
Don't forget to add Guest Registrations, if you need them!
*Please note, the Embassy Suites Brooks Hotel and Spa offers complimentary breakfast to all overnight guests, regardless of their conference registration status.